Flossing is the most effective way to clean between your teeth and all dentists recommend it. It helps clean the plaque and food build-up between your teeth and reduces gum bleeding and inflammation.
There are various flossing products, water flossers are one of them. The water flosser is a device that sprays water in between teeth removing food debris, bacteria, and plaque in this area.
Is Water Flossing As Effective As Regular Dental Floss?
Both water flossers and regular string flosses are good ways to take care of your mouth in addition to brushing.
In general, string floss is considered more convenient than water flossers because they are small, easy to use, and more portable than their electronic water counterpart.
However, water flossers are more environmentally friendly and less aggressive on the gums and periodontal tissue making them more suitable for sensitive gum. In some cases, It can reach areas that regular flosses can’t reach, such as between braces, bridges, and crowns.
Using A Water Flosser
- Fill the water reservoir with warm water.
- Hold in your hands, and place the tip at your molars.
- Turn the flosser on, and follow your gum lines and the area between your teeth moving the handle gradually toward your anterior teeth.
- Turn the flosser off and spit out excess water.
- Eject the tip and clean it after every use.
If you have more questions, please contact us at 312.943.6444 or request an appointment online
Ramy Bahu, DDS