Here are some fun dental facts about your wonderful teeth:
- Enamel is the hardest substance in the body, according to Dr. Leslie Seldin, a spokeswoman for the American Dental Association.
- A quarter of all of the adults in the US have lost all of their teeth due to poor care at home and professional care.
- Teeth begin forming before birth.
- The term “wisdom teeth” was given because these teeth come in later in life.
- Saliva is produced in our mouth to assist in breaking down food. It also helps to prevent tooth decay.
- Tooth decay is the 2nd most common ailment with the everyday cold being the first.
- When consumers buy a toothbrush, they prefer the color blue over red.
- During the middle ages, it was a custom to kiss a donkey when a person had a toothache.
- A person only buys 18 yards of dental floss per year when they should buy at least 122 yards.
- It is important to visit your dentist at least twice a year to maintain healthy teeth.
If you want to learn more about your teeth or if you have any dental concerns call us at 312.943.6444 or book an appointment online. We hope to see you soon!